Most mothers have some hesitation about leaving their children at home with a babysitter or house help to go to work. Lucky for you, we now live in the information technology age and you don’t have to compromise one for the other. Here are five work-at-home jobs great for the stay-at-home mum.
1. Online tutor – Though not a requirement, experience in education, tutoring, or instruction is a plus for online tutors. You can provide online tutorial services to anyone from primary school students to college students and even adults. You can also tutor offline and share your knowledge to those in your neighbourhood.
2. Medical transcriptionist – Lots of medical transcriptionists work for hospitals or doctor’s offices, but most are able to do their jobs at home, and at a time and place of their choice. After getting a certification from a medical transcriptionist program, all you’ll need is a computer, desk, and earpiece to transcribe recorded medical dictation.
3. Survey respondents – MyView who would have thought that you can get paid for online surveys? Though it won’t make you a lot of money, it can be a great way to supplement your other sources of income and may even cover a bill or two. Just make sure that the site you’re visiting is a legitimate one.
4. Translator – If you’re fluent in two languages, being a translator might be for you. Some companies hire translators to provide telephonic support while others are tasked to translate documents under a strict deadline.
5. Writer – In these modern times, almost every company has a website, and though some have in-house writers, others opt to outsource writers to formulate news articles, contents and blog entries for their websites. Background in writing will be helpful but what you need is the drive and the knack to find a unique angle for everyday events.
Working from home is a dream of lots of people, and with the advent of technology, it is now possible. This is great news for mothers who would like to be hands-on in raising their children but still have a career.